22.5.09

We're Getting There, Albeit Via Belgium

A town called Ghent in Belgium has decided that at least one day a week, the whole town will go vegetarian. A massive round of applause to the people of Ghent. Nice one Belgian dudes. You can read the full article here. Their reason is environmental, which is fine, because in turn, this still inevitably leads to less consumption of animals for food. If you couldn't give a crap about animals, but are worried that environmentally, times are getting tougher, then take note. Did you know, that eating 1lb of meat emits the same amount of greenhouses gasses as driving an SUV 40 miles. Read some more interesting environmental/meat based facts here. In fact, watch this trailer for the film 'Meat The Truth' and then try and get a copy of the whole film



If you don't care about the animals or the environment, but you do care about your own health, read some interesting health/meat and dairy consumption facts here, here, here and here. (I'm not for a second suggesting that all people that eat meat are unhealthy by the way). In fact, watch this trailer for the film 'Food Matters' and then try and get a copy of the whole film



I could write for ages on this subject, but I don't want to get 'heavy', because it's something I know I'd find a turn off and plus the majority of the people I care about don't share the same views with regards to not eating meat/veganism as I do. I can just pass on some information that you will hopefully read and at least consider respectfully. I know you will, cos you're rad.

Update: I found this video today and it's dead nice and hippy with the acoustic soundtrack. It's a less intrusive/anger inducing way of getting the point across I think. Check it out.



xx

No comments: