5.6.08

5/101 Moray Street, 4005

Here are some photos of the flat I've been living in for the past year. I almost kind of wish I'd not lived in it because upon moving back home in a week, there's no way I'd be able to afford a place like this in London unless I was on Hollyoakes money or won the lottery (which, by the way will happen guys, it will. Always believe in dreams, always...even though I've not even bought a scratch card in about 12 years, there's still chance, because it's a dream. It's funny, cos me and my friends even have 'what would you do if you won the lottery' parties. I can't believe some of them would buy a ferrari and all the ice cream they could eat, ha ha you guys...Me? I would help the world...I would help...the...world)...it's a nice flat...

We have 3 piggin balconies for a start. One off each bedroom and one off the lounge...we move out in 3 days (hold on, 3 days...3 balconies...3 people living in the flat...a triangle has 3 sides and is considered the strongest shape. Pyramids were and still are triangles getting intimate. Could this mean that this is a portal to some sort of mathematical catacomb, or...oh actually we move out in 2 days, I got it wrong...maths don't work no more...we were so close...sigh...)















My balcony at night. Just behind the set of houses is the Brisbane river. It's not a bad view every morning.















The view from our front balcony looking out onto Moray Street















Looking out onto Moray Street again from the same balcony















Our lounge



















Kitchen and whatever that bit might be called



















Bit that leads to bedrooms...

This might be the last blog I get to do before I move home, but I still have more photos and stuff to put up and say. Despite my initial grievances with the humidity in the summer, Brisbane is one of the most incredible cities I've ever been to and I feel even luckier to have been able to live here for the past year. I've made some great friends and had some unforgettable experiences, apart from that one time when something happened and I did something that someone said something about...I don't remember...anyway...

It's very easy to get nostalgic about things and remember how great they were, when really, it's just existing and what you're used to. I've realised this past year that I've perhaps very much been a 'grass is greener' person (although the grass literally is greener back home, cos it's dead hot here and dry). Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, because I think it shows just how much you value somewhere, despite not fully appreciating it when you're there. I'd be more worried if I never wanted to return, but as it happens, I cannot wait. I also cannot wait to return to Brisbane (although I've not yet left). It took a while to settle and get used to, but I feel comfortable here and not like an outsider. I'm glad I'll be leaving with a 'see you soon' as opposed to a 'goodbye'...

xx

No comments: