26.1.09

It's Been A While...

This is my first update of the year and is also the first in a while. I haven't really been to inspired to write anything. No reason, no cliched "it's January, I agree with everyone that looks forward to the free papers you get on the tube mass back to work depression". I just didn't really feel as if it was worth putting anything down if it was half-hearted.
Anyway, I'm sat here on a sunday evening, the new season of Lost is about to start (of which I will be watching) and I figured it would be good to upload a bunch of photos that I've taken over the past month.
I recently bought a Canon 450d and it's incredible. I've never been too geeky with photography, but I feel I may become so. I'm learning so much from it and I think I've made a pretty good start, especially considering I've no real idea what I'm doing. Anyway, all these photos were taken on it and are from the Christmas/New Year period and up until last week.

My Mum!













Nina's First Official English Christmas...although this photo really gives nothing away that it's either christmas or in England, unless of course you recognise my parents walls...


















My Dad! Was dead chuffed with the Jamie Carragher autobiography I got him. You should read it. Best football book ever. "We all dream of a team of..."


















Nina cutting into a completely awesome Tofurky roast. That's the way we roll. Animal Rights christmas yo!


















Same deal...


















Christmas in a bowl













The Kitchen













Ma & Pa


















We never miss out













My cat George is wicked...she is 19 years old and deaf. She's also a good poser...













Sedbergh making my Mum smile













Sedbergh making my Mum crease...













...and my Aunty Den













Sedbergh High Street













Sedbergh













Nien













The start of the walk













Berries













Sedbergh Mill













Mum & Den













Fields













I bet that stream is piggin well cold













Dad, Nien, Chris, Den & Mum...wicked...













I'm in this one...













Then Nina and I went to Brighton for the weekend. We stayed at the Hilton on the beach front. Ordinarily wouldn't be staying there, but we got a deal and it only cost £44 for the night for both of us. That included breakfast as well. I kept telling Nina to put loads of fruit and pots of jam in her purse at breakfast but she wouldn't. I was tempted to put a hash brown in mine, but that may have been a tad excessive.

Despite the cheap stay, the phrase 'you get what you pay for' certainly rang true that night, with the fire alarm going off at 5.00 in the morning. Thankfully there wasn't a fire in the building, but what I did learn about myself that night, was that if I can't see a fire, I therefore don't believe it's there. Sleep or death?..sleep or death?..they're kind of related, only one is more permanent than the other...we kept the shampoo packets...













Cat's are pretty much awesome wherever you look...thankfully, despite being in Brighton, this cat didn't have dreadlocks...













Brighton beach front. It was well cold and very windy, but like all professionals, I knuckled down and got on with the job at hand...


















When we got back, we filled a Duck's head with kernels and it was sick...













xx

1 comment:

This Boys Life said...

ok dude. so I just checked this thing and was so stoked to see that you had updated. A few things...

#1. Your family looks lovely. I hope I get to meet them someday. Also, your dad looks like he's 34.

#2. You take perty pictures real good.

#3. ....." It was well cold and very windy, but like all professionals, I knuckled down and got on with the job at hand.."

Now THAT'S a fucking pro attitude. Best sentence i've read in a while.

Good on ya.